My ongoing attempt at some semblance of a paleo diet has prompted me to look for healthier versions of foods I enjoy. The idea behind this banana bread recipe was sparked from the classic paleo banana-egg pancake idea. (In case you haven’t seen it, it’s literally a banana and 2 eggs blended to make pancake batter.) It turned out way better than I had hoped, and it’s perfect for all sorts of special dietary restrictions – it’s grain free, dairy free, paleo, and unsweetened. If you’re not hardcore paleo, I find this absolutely delicious with honey and butter.
Paleo Banana Bread
- 4 overripe bananas
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bread pan.
- Place eggs, bananas, oil, and vanilla in a blender or food processor and blend well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I hope you’ll give this recipe a shot! It’s so simple and healthy and has quickly become a new favorite of mine. Enjoy!